Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sustainable Living Bike Tour- one of our sponsored athletes!

November 13, 2008


FYI...

Thanks to everyone who helped make this possible! My gratitude cannot be expressed adequately... I am flying to San Francisco tomorrow to ride the Sustainable Living Bike Tour for the second time. The trip is in its 4th season. My personal charge for the trip is getting Tree Media Group (11th Hour w/ Leonardo DiCaprio) to join us for a day this year and film a full-length documentary with us next year :) As far as I'm concerned, it is a done deal, haha. My personal charge for Iowa is that I'm video-blogging every day of the trip on DMJuice.com and raising awareness for a non-profit I'm starting called Urban Ambassadors that focuses on sustainability education.

Synopsis: 3-weeks, 750-miles, San Francisco to San Diego, 18 volunteer environmental educators, 18 road bikes, 1 short bus running on veggie-oil and solar panels, teaching 3000+ middle and high school students, stops at major universities and city events... just a rock'n good time!

Our Ocean Futures blog from 2007
YouTube video (4 min) from 2007
2008 Juice blog for Des Moines

I'm leaving tomorrow, but if anybody still has $$ burning a hole in their pocket :) ... you know, just in case! You can send all your saved millions from this economic boom to: enrgPATH, c/o Angela Clark: Bike Trip, 3920 Valdez Drive, Des Moines, IA 50310. Don't feel pressured... I won't go broke ~ I think, haha. Angela at enrgPATH, Matt at Bike World, Greg at Rasmussen's, Lexi at Backcountry, Diana at Campbell's Nutrition, Maggie at Firehouse Yoga, and the New City Market have been more than generous and helped me get myself and my bike out there with the right gear. Preston Daniels from KFMG 99.1 had me on the radio and Cavan Reagan put a short blurb in the Juice this week. And I thank them ALL!!!

Sincerely,

Adam Hammes
Sustainability Consultant enrgPATH
(515) 491-0706

No comments: